City of Coeur D'Alene, Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase 4B
City of Coeur D’ Alene Wastewater Department
Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho
Design new Influent Pump Station, design new Screening Building, design new utility underground corridor and enclose an existing large diameter clarifier.
- Structural Engineer Chad Malone was lead structural engineer for this project.
- Worked with client, electrical, mechanical, process engineers and Architects to provide a building that met the facility needs and the desired appearance.
- The client wanted to support the new clarifier enclosure on the existing clarifier walls. However, the existing clarifier walls and foundation were not suitable for supporting the design loads of the proposed enclosure. Several alternative design solutions were then
- The design solution chosen was to provide 8 piles adjacent to the existing clarifier to support the ends of steel tube roof trusses spanning over the clarifier up to 62 feet.
- Designed cold formed steel walls to be supported on the clarifier walls and connect to the steel tube roof truss.
- Designed deep steel trusses to connect two adjacent piles in four locations around the perimeter of the clarifier to stiffen structure for seismic and wind loads.
- Designed the Influent Pump Station concrete foundation, CMU Walls, and Vulcraft Steel Joist and steel decking.
- Designed utility corridor 10 ft wide by 10 ft deep with removable pre-cast concrete HS20 traffic rated lid.
City of Coeur D’Alene, Wastewater Treatment Plant Phase 4B
Updated on 2018-03-09T07:34:36+00:00, by .